EXPERIENCE: 8-15 years
DESCRIPTION: Under some direction, leads project teams of Designers and assists other Senior Designers, Engineers and Managers to oversee teams on the planning, design, creation, regeneration and development of land areas such as landscape and lighting plans, specialty gardens, park and recreational facilities, streetscapes and urban design projects and planning and layout of residential, industrial and commercial sites. Should combine artistic skills and technical design capabilities with knowledge of human activity and the natural and man-made environments to lead, supervise and coordinate design teams to meet project and client goals in accordance with the SCE Process Flow Diagram. Must have the ability to organize assigned work, independently design and lead projects, and develop effective work methods for self and design team members.
EXAMPLES OF WORK/DUTIES:
- Interacts with various design disciplines relating to project specifics.
- Meets with clients to discuss projects.
- Knowledgeable in plant material and ability to select appropriate plant material.
- Reviews planting and grading plans prepared by Landscape Designer and Senior Designers, finalize as needed.
- Reviews prepared construction details, finalize as needed.
- Prepares and review park and recreation / athletic facility designs to meet all recognized design standards.
- Prepares Park and Recreation Needs Assessments, Master Plans and Improvement Plans.
- Reviews work relating to report preparation, quantity takeoffs, preliminary construction cost estimates, etc. completed by Landscape Designer and Senior Designers, finalize as needed.
- Performs construction inspection duties when necessary.
- Prepares related inspection reports from construction inspections.
- Ability to independently prepare/review written specifications.
- Ability to prepare/review construction documents for project bidding.
- Prepares and oversee completion of graphic presentations with various media and programs.
- Ability to create and oversee completion of colored renderings with various media and programs.